By- Jodie Fleischer WSBTV A Channel 2 Action News investigation found private security guards pulling over drivers in several local neighborhoods. They use lights, sirens, and even write traffic tickets, but they aren’t real police officers. Channel 2 producers went undercover to catch the activity on video. Channel 2 investigative reporter Jodie Fleischer received calls and emails ...
The former Philadelphia 76er all star made over 200-million dollars in salary alone. He told his ex wife last year in an Atlanta divorce proceeding- - he was so broke he couldn't afford a cheeseburger. Now the battle between Iverson and Tawana has taken another rancorous ...
ATLANTA -- Former Atlanta Braves great Chipper Jones has put his Roswell, Ga., house on the market for $3.19 million. The 23,504-square-foot home at 5015 Heatherwood Court is on 2.5 acres in the Glenayre gated community. It has seven bedrooms, eight full bathrooms, three half bathrooms, three kitchens, two wet bars, one full bar, six-car garage and pool. The listing agent is Carter Smith ...
ATLANTA -- A deal was reached on Monday over the controversial issue of pay raises for city workers. The City Council appeared to have avoided a budget showdown that has been brewing ever since that same City Council approved a whopping 52 percent pay increase for itself back in December. For many city employees, the one percent pay increased they were offered caused frustration and anger to ...
A station official says the cast of an Atlanta sports radio show has been fired after mocking a former NFL player who has Lou Gehrig's disease.The ...
In the popular imaginary, the idea of the Italian mafia has been fueled in large part--if not entirely--by movies and television. When people think of the mafia, they immediately think of the pulpy, epic grandeur of The Godfather (1972), the high-octane rise-and-fall rush of GoodFellas ... ...
ATLANTA -- The first threat to the city's canopy was growth. Farmers, then houses and office buildings. Recently it has been the weather. There were years of drought, now heavy wind and rain. "I think that's kind of the charm of where we live. You still get that city vibe but there's so many trees that it makes me feel like I can get away," said Lanie Snell, a hiker ...
MARIETTA, GA - Accompanied by his wife as they left the Cobb County courthouse last December, Waffle House Chairman Joe Rogers, Jr. publicly admitted, "I did some stupid things." He admitted having an affair with former housekeeper Mye Brindle, but denied forcing her to have sex to keep her job. She's suing him for sexual abuse and he's counter-suing her for emotional ...
Atlanta--What are your options if your house is hit by a neighbor's tree? Can you make them pay? What if a tree looks like it might fall onto your property, can you force a neighbor to take it down? Real estate lawyer Brad Hutchins says times have changed. In years past insurance companies were more hesitant about paying damage claims. Neighbors would often have to hire lawyers and feud ...
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -- Heavy rain near Atlanta on Monday has affected all lanes of Interstate 75 NB at Forest Parkway. All motorists in that area are advised to find alternate routes. According to GDOT, the area is expected to be cleared around 8:00 ...
ATLANTA -- An SUV and the child inside were recovered after someone stole the SUV Thursday morning in northwest Atlanta. It happened just before 8 a.m. near the intersection of Bolton Road and Marietta Boulevard. Hillary Grotewold told 11Alive News she was putting air in the tires of her GMC Terrain at a RaceTrac station at the corner of Bolton and Marietta when someone hopped into the SUV and ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Obese male mice father offspring with higher levels of body fat
- Chrysler expected to formally refuse governments request to recall older Jeeps for fire risk
- Futures Movers Oil prices rise ahead of inventory data
- NewsWatch Stocks rise Fed feeds Dow’s triple-digit moves
- Five missing over 50 houses swept away in western Nepal
- Blame copper pipes for bad hair days
- Malaysian man shocked to find dead infant in his rented flat after living for one week
- Scenery of stilted houses of Tujia ethnic group
- Top prospects at Garden
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- UK foreign officials including Medvedev spied at 2009 G20 meetings
- Putin refutes allegation he stole Super Bowl ring
- Outrage over online teaching of Quran to Brit students by banned JuD hardliners
- Big retail critics costing jobsindustry
- Batteries hold key to wearable device revolution
- Lend Lease says itll meet expectations
- Lynas drops legal action against protesters
- Holden workers called to meeting in SA
- Orrs blueprint puts city residents first
- Editors Picks Detroit is a tough business partner
- Insolvency doesnt deter Detroit politicians War on Business
- U.S. should avoid entering Syrian civil war
- Another Kwame robs Detroit
- 4 women among 8 candidates selected to be NASAs newest astronaut trainees
- Obama defends Syria policy plays down NSA spying ‘ruckus’
- Final Construction Starts for Europe’s 2016 Methane Sniffing Mars Mission
- Brazil sees largest protests in 20 years
- Paille Bergeron put Bruins ahead 2-0 after 2nd
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals being acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Marketing scams in 2012 saw Australian consumers robbed of over $94mn
- Chevron commences LNG shipment from Angola
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Atlanta area HOA’s using private security to enforce traffic rules www.privateofficer.com
- Iverson Never Treated Fairly.
- Chipper Jones Roswell home for sale
- Deal reached over controversial city budget
- Atlanta sports radio hosts fired for mocking former NFL player with Lou Gehrig’s disease