Things weren't always so tense between Tiger Woods, left, and Sergio Garcia. They reached a low-point this week with Garcia's fried chicken remark. (ELISE ...
Scores of public sector pension fund administrators are skipping this ...
Prisoner Re-Entry (formerly the Michigan Prisoner Re-Entry Initiative). Prisoner Re-Entry provides housing and employment assistance, as well as other services, to inmates before and after they are released from prison. The goal is to reintegrate former prisoners as functioning and productive members of the community. Beginning in prison, inmates meet with outside agencies to coordinate their ...
Looking back 70 years with the sure knowledge that allied forces defeated the Nazis, it's hard to feel the heart-pounding fear of that day as crews loaded their B-17s, revved their engines, took their places behind guns or as navigators or pilots, walked the narrow catwalk above bomb bays and wondered if they had safely touched ground for the last ...
Many Utah voters, however, feel disenfranchised by the process, and some experts cite disillusionment with the caucus system as one of the primary reasons behind Utah's declining voter turnout in recent years. Many feel the decision has already been made for them by a relative handful of people, and, in some cases, that's exactly what happens at the state ...
George Lucas has been trying to get a movie about the Tuskegee Airmen, the barrier-breaking African American military aviators who fought during World War II, for close to 25 years. His efforts have been stymied again and again by Hollywood studios who insist that they cant market a big-budge ... ...
The Obama administration is juggling three controversies at once. The IRS is being scrutinized for targeting conservative groups. The Justice Department seized journalists' phone records. And the attack in Benghazi that left Americans dead is still be investigated. How much do the scandals matter? Here's how the public sees ...
We asked Twitter followers for thoughts on Lois Lerner citing her right against self-incrimination. The IRS official was placed on administrative leave Thursday. Comments are edited for clarity and grammar:Two statements that are incompatible: I did nothing wrong, and I'm taking the Fifth.-- @RandyCole13She is hiding something or protecting someone. The buck stopped with her as head of the ...
Anthony Weiner announced this week that he would be running for New York City mayor. He resigned from the U.S. House after a sexting scandal in 2011. Comments from Facebook and Twitter:Stay out of the spotlightI miss the good old days when the politicians got caught doing something stupid, humiliating or embarrassing, then resigned and slipped away to live out their lives in obscurity.-- Mike ...
Cancer patient: Angelina Jolie isn't the brave one ."Are we as a society being socialized to believe that we're in such an archaic competition with each other that we must even battle over which of us is the bravest? Bravery and responsibility are not mutually exclusive. Angelina Jolie put her entire career on the line to selflessly provide support to other people struggling with ...
Margery Eagan ignores the well-documented health, economic and environmental benefits of bicycle use in her column ("There’s just no more road to share," May 21).Bikes are great. So, how can we collaborate to make our roadways a safe and friendly place for both cars and bikes? That’s the conversation we should be having. Perhaps Eagan should hop on a bike and ride around ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Le Meridien Noumea, New Caledonia
This deluxe hotel is reputedly the finest in New Caledonia. The drive from Tontouta international airport is 45 minutes and ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- GM recalls nearly 20000 new Cadillac SRX SUVs
- New Drug May Change Treatment Of Asthma
- Cause of PC malaise Designs not compelling says Intel
- iPhone 5 repairs wont come cheap
- Russia to build new parliament compound
- Obesity in children linked to parents marital status
- Kids of married parents less likely to be obese
- IPL spot fixing Police enter Gurunaths residence in Chennai
- Homes with dogs have more types of bacteria
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Shinde reviews cooperation with U.S
- How powerful is Bitcoin
- U.S. stocks claw back from steep losses
- Japan stocks rebound after big plunge
- U.S. options clearer moves to end trade type dominated by Nasdaq
- OTOC jumps on Nauru contract
- Sergio Garcia chicken gaffe reveals our thin skin
- Throw Detroit pension trustees overboard
- State Rep. Jeff Irwin Prisoner Re-Entry an investment in public safety
- Jay Evensen On Memorial Day look beyond the fog of war
- In our opinion Utahs caucus system needs reform
- NASAs Chandra explores hidden population of exotic neutron stars
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- Shapiro Obama hits reset button on national security
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- APS student claims adult attacked her during school assembly
- Atlantas Gattis proves to be natural
- 13-year-old boy abducted after getting off school bus
- Help Desk Community Hiring Event in Decatur Friday
- Emory releases statement on brief afternoon lockdown