Protesters marching in the tens of thousands rallied in Italy on Sunday to rail against the policies of the new coalition government. Around 100,000 protesters, led by trade unionists, converged on Rome to wave red flags and placards, urging changes to austerity measures. The union-led crowd called for the new government of centre-left Prime Minister, Enrico Letta, to focus on job ...
Americans are at their most optimistic since 2007 according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment. The preliminary index has shown optimism increased to 83.7 in May as stocks surged and real estate climbed. With record stock prices boosting household wealth and unemployment down in some areas, consumers were able to see their way through the effects of ...
Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
The Saudi Arabia state news agency has reported a coordinated attack on the country's government websites. Several government websites in Saudi Arabia came under heavy cyber attacks last week, shutting them down for a short time. The attacks have been traced to IP addresses from a number of countries. Saudi investigators found the attacks had been launched from hundreds of Internet ...
Target Corp has opened a new office base in San Francisco in order to discover technology ideas. With the second-largest US retailer trying to grow its online commerce business, a Technology Innovation Center has been set up to develop mobile commerce, which has become a particular focus of retailers because new technology allows people to use their mobile devices to shop. With a huge ...
68.0°F Light Thunderstorms and Rain
Wild Hogs [DVD]
In Wild Hogs, four men facing various facets of Comfortably Wealthy American Male Midlife Crisis Syndrome head out on their Harleys for the open road to reclaim their freedom and virility. While I don't think this is what Steppenwolf had in mind when they sang in the opening lines of B ... ...
Passengers in SUVs are now known to be more likely to survive a serious crash. A new study conducted by the University of Buffalo in the US has found the driver of the SUV is as much as 10 times more likely to survive in a head-on collision where a passenger car is involved. While automakers have taken steps to improve safety in normal passenger cars, such as changing bumper designs on ...
Italy's coalition government has promised to abolish some salaries and perks which are handed out to government ministers. A controversial property tax will also be abolished, or frozen, by the new government of Enrico Letta, who has also promised to do away with the double salary received by some parliamentarians. Before the election, it had been mooted by Letta's coalition partners that ...
Paintings by Jackson Pollock, Roy Lichtenstein and Jean-Michel Basquiat smashed all previous auction records at Christie's in New York during the week. In fact, several works by popular artists brought extraordinary prices. The items made $495 million for their owners at the valuable sale of postwar and contemporary art at Christie's. However, a single Andy Warhol Painting of Marilyn ...
3G operators in Thailand have all agreed to cut their tariffs. The Thai National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has been pressuring providers to lower all their 2G and 3G tariffs by 15%. The three 3G mobile operators, Advanced Info Service, Total Access Communication and True Move have said they will launch new 3G tariff packages to reflect the request by government. It ...
Spain has reported a trade surplus, the first since 1971. With imports slumping due to austerity measures, the first monthly trade surplus for more than 40 years is being seen as a positive development. However, the country is still suffering from an economic downturn with unemployment in Spain now running at 26.7%. The surplus of 634.9 million euros in March reflects a 15% plunge in ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Yahoo and AOL Back On Top Time To Party Like Its 1999
- Weekend Box Office Star Trek Into Darkness Opens With Just $84 Million.
- Obamas EPA Makes A Rad Decision
- William-Kate gnome statues to raise money for kids
- Hindus living dangerously in Balochistan
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Police Search For Missing Miami Gardens Girl
- Municipal rates to be doubled on empty apartments
- Apples Cook vs. Samsungs Kun-hee
- Exclusive - South Africas NUM seeks 15-60 percent wage rises from gold coal producers
- Analysis Frontier Markets booming but risks mounting
- German minister calls EU move on China solar grave mistake
- Google boss defends British tax affairs
- Laws for medical and recreational marijuana
- Legislature considers tougher DUI laws
- Approaching bipartisan solutions for nation’s housing woes
- Guest When Jason Collins and my father coming out will no longer matter
- When a government nudge becomes a shove
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Why sign up for a one-way Mars trip Three applicants explain the appeal
- The good news – and the bad news – for Obama in scandal-tinged polls
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Severe T-Storm Warning until 1245 p.m.
- WATCH LIVE President Obama speaks at Morehouse
- Flooding closes Dawsonville Road for 2 weeks
- Weekend storms result in flooding mudslide
- Two dogs attack Douglas County family