Australian stocks were up firmly mid-session, with the banks and miners leading the broader market higher.At 10.20am, the benchmark S&P/ASX200 index was up 63.3 points, or 1.2 per cent, at 5244.1 points while the All Ordinaries index was up 59.2 points, or 1.1 per cent, at 5219 points.The local market opened the new trading week up about 0.75 per cent and extended gains through the morning, ...
Stocks to watch on the Australian stock exchange at noon on Monday:GPT - GPT PROPERTY GROUP - up 5.00 cents, or 1.21 per cent, at $4.17LLC - LEND LEASE GROUP - up 22 cents, or 2.10 per cent, at $10.69Property owner GPT Group has sold its 50 per cent stake in the Erina Fair shopping centre on the NSW central coast for $397 million.LEI - LEIGHTON HOLDINGS LTD - up 86 cents, or 4.77 per cent, at ...
New York: The board of Yahoo! has agreed to a deal to purchase the popular blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.Yahoo! did not immediately return AFP's calls for confirmation, but CEO Marissa Mayer has scheduled a news conference in New York Monday at which the company said it will unveil "something special."Reports last week said ...
Viento Group has won a $15.4 million Fortescue Metals Group contract to build a tailings storage facility contract for the iron ore miner's Solomon iron ore project.Work on the project, a joint venture with Eastern Guruma and Wirlu-murra Yindjibarndi Aboriginal Corporation, will begin this month with an expected completion date of late September.Viento Contracting Services managing director ...
UPDATE 8.20am: The Australian sharemarket has opened nearly one per cent higher on the back of a positive lead from Wall St on Friday.At 8.20am, the benchmark S&P/ASX200 index was up 46.3 points, or 0.9 per cent, at 5227.1, while the broader All Ordinaries index was up 43.9 points, or 0.9 per cent, at 5203.7.More to ...
Monster House [Blu-Ray]
Monster House, a CG-animated horror comedy, has the kind of freaky-fun imagery that goes directly to the heart of your inner child. Kids see monsters everywhere--in knotty trees, in shadows, in wads of clothes under the bed--and first-time director Gil Kenan plays with this ten ... ...
CBH has warned growers to carefully consider the risks in opting out of its integrated supply chain after moving to comply with an Australian Consumer and Competition Commission ruling that opens up the grain freight business to other players.The co-operative had until today to make its Grains Express freight operations voluntary and has revealed the process for growers seeking to use ...
Busselton growers have warned the future of home-grown fruit and vegetables is in grave danger due to cheap imports.The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry has revealed the value of processed fruit and vegetable imports into WA has grown 64 per cent from $71 million in 2010-11 to $116 million in 2011-12.Fresh fruit and veg imports rose by 19 per cent in the same period.Busselton ...
Mystery surrounding Verve Energy's troubled $250 million bid to resurrect the Muja coal-fired power station in Collie has deepened, with senior executives from its joint venture partner resigning en masse.Documents lodged with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission state Vinalco Energy directors Grant Kempe and Michael Williams resigned last month. Vinalco is the joint venture ...
The Australian market looks set to open higher after Wall Street again set new records.At 0630 AEST on Monday, the June share price index futures contract was up 19 points at 5,212.In economic news on Monday, the Commonwealth Bank business sales indicator for April as is the National Australia Bank's business customer satisfaction ratings and the ASX launches exchange-traded bonds.John ...
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc's board has approved a deal to buy blogging and social networking site Tumblr for $1.1 billion in cash, the Wall Street Journal cited people familiar with the matter as saying on Sunday.Such an acquisition would be Marissa Mayer's largest deal since taking the helm of the once-iconic Internet company in July 2012. Yahoo is keen on fast-growing Tumblr ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Americans happier with economic figures
- FOMC Decision Critical to Oil Prices
- Asia Markets Japan stocks rally but Korean shares underperform
- 5 Reasons Tumblr + Yahoo is Good For Users
- Abes Growth Strategy And The Upper House Election
- William-Kate gnome statues to raise money for kids
- Hindus living dangerously in Balochistan
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Homes under flight path of proposed runway
- Tornadoes in US flatten homes
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Alleged unmasked CIA agent leaves Russia
- Sushil Kumar Shinde leaves for U.S. to participate in Indo-US Homeland Security dialogue
- US Pak should acknowledge each others roles in good work they do Sherry Rehman
- Market up firmly mid-session
- Stocks to watch at noon on Monday
- Yahoo to buy blog-maker Tumblr for $1.1 billion report
- Viento wins $15.4m FMG contract
- Market opens up firmly
- Frank Pignanelli LaVarr Webb How will these national scandals affect Utah politics
- No Obama wont be impeached Column
- Deficit dips but still more to do Your Say
- Lower alcohol limit is not cure-all for DUIs tellusatoday
- Why Ted Cruz isnt presidential material Column
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Officer who mistakenly shot Hofstra student faced harrowing choice expert says
- Drill Baby Drill – How Does Curiosity ‘Do It’
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- State of emergency boil water advisory in Flowery Branch
- Man found dead at Atlanta airport
- Obama touts second term agenda in Atlanta
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning ends
- Severe T-Storm Warning until 230 p.m.