WASHINGTON Technology giant Apple Monday revealed that over the last six months it had received between 4,000 to 5,000 requests for customer data from U.S. law enforcement authorities relating to criminal investigations and national security matters. The disclosure comes on the heels of similar statements and data from the Microsoft and Facebook Inc last week after reaching a deal about ...
In a new Ohio University study, researchers found that male mice who were fed a high-fat diet and became obese were more likely to father offspring who also had higher levels of body fat. The effect was observed primarily in male offspring, despite their consumption of a low-fat diet. "We've identified a number of traits that may affect metabolism and behavior of offspring dependent on the ...
"It's a new world" out there in terms of digital identity and security, Microsoft said Monday. And, this world is far more dangerous than it used to be. In order to mitigate e-mail infiltration by hackers and wrongdoers, Microsoft has announced that it's tossing linked accounts for ...
The wireless carrier appears to have quietly begun nationwide support for the videoconferencing app on its cellular network in various states across the ...
(Credit: CNET UK via FrAndroid) A French press invite from Sony Mobile touts a "big surprise" at an upcoming July 4 event in Paris, but a slew of leaked images and specs may have spoiled the secret of Sony's first phablet before its big ...
In the popular imaginary, the idea of the Italian mafia has been fueled in large part--if not entirely--by movies and television. When people think of the mafia, they immediately think of the pulpy, epic grandeur of The Godfather (1972), the high-octane rise-and-fall rush of GoodFellas ... ...
An Ohio day-care operator fed children in her care pancakes laced with medication to make them drowsy, authorities allege. Caterpillar Clubhouse owner Tammy E. Eppley, 37, of Westerville is charged with six counts of endangering children, The Columbus Dispatch reported Monday. Police allege Eppley mixed various medications and supplements, including melatonin and antihistamine allergy ...
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks during a news conference in Washington, Wednesday, March 20, 2013, following the Federal Open Market Committee ...
VISTA -; A Vista bookkeeper accused of embezzling more than $545,000 from the Leucadia Pizzeria chain pleaded not guilty Monday to 26 felony ...
After losing a bidding war with DISH for control of Clearwire, Sprint on Monday filed a lawsuit in the Delaware Court of Chancery claiming that the $6.3 billion deal violates the rights of Sprint and other Clearwire shareholders and are against Delaware law. "Dish repeatedly attempted to fool Clearwire's shareholders into believing its proposal was actionable in an effort to acquire ...
Laurence Graff , founder of the one world's most successful jewelry brands, has been named in the Queen's Birthday Honors List, receiving a "Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" (OBE) for "Services to Jewelry." It is one of the highest honors awarded by the British ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Obese male mice father offspring with higher levels of body fat
- Microsoft swaps Outlook.com linked accounts for aliases
- ATT reportedly begins wide cellular support for FaceTime
- Sony reportedly readies first phablet
- Five missing over 50 houses swept away in western Nepal
- Blame copper pipes for bad hair days
- Buddhist monks indulging in lavish lifestyle spark nationwide outrage in Thailand
- Homes evacuated after gas leak discovered
- Taiwan IC design houses reducing exposure in NAND flash controller market
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- UK foreign officials including Medvedev spied at 2009 G20 meetings
- Putin refutes allegation he stole Super Bowl ring
- ObamaSouth Korean president discuss regional issues
- Lynas drops legal action against protesters
- Holden workers called to meeting in SA
- UPDATE 1-China May home prices rise at fastest pace this year
- Lisa Ho to close its doors forever
- RBA leaves door open to more rate cuts
- Supreme Court honors voting rights Our view
- Iran diplomatic window rapidly closing Another view
- Iran election delivers no nuclear answer Our view
- Sgt. Robert Bales convicted in deaths of Afghan civilians
- Fight gun violence from all sides Your Say
- Mission Control puts off opening hatches of ATV cargo ship
- NASA selects new astronauts for space exploration
- Astronaut sends greetings to taikonaut
- Astronaut Wives Dish On What Its Like Being Married To An Astronaut
- Nasa selects four women to join ranks of new astronauts
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals being acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Marketing scams in 2012 saw Australian consumers robbed of over $94mn
- Chevron commences LNG shipment from Angola
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Chipper Jones Roswell home for sale
- Deal reached over controversial city budget
- Atlanta sports radio hosts fired for mocking former NFL player with Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Could fear be the next threat to Atlantas tree canopy
- Waffle House Chairman sex tapes case may backfire on his accuser