Indian tennis pair Purav Raja and Divij Sharan qualified for the men's doubles main draw of Wimbledon here Wednesday. The Indians, seeded fourth in the qualifiers, were given a walkover by Austrian-Czech duo of Andreas Haider-Maurer and Jiri Vesely in the second and final qualifying round of their category. Raja and Sharan are one of the four qualifying men's doubles team in the only grass ...
Veteran Indian tennis player Leander Paes, who turned 40 on June 17, has been seeded fourth with Czech partner Radek Stepanek in the men's doubles competition at Wimbledon which starts Monday. Another veteran Mahesh Bhupathi with Austrian Julian Knowle has been seeded eighth while Rohan Bopanna, with Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin, has been seeded 14th. In the women's doubles category, Sania ...
Cricket Australia has rejected claims by Channel 9 that it would influence team selection and scheduling as part of its new deal on TV rights. The channel's managing director Jeff Browne said that as part of the network's 400 million dollars deal for international cricket rights, he expected to have a say in both matters. But CA chief executive James Sutherland rejected the deal's impact, ...
Cricket Australia's (CA) National Selection Panel (NSP) Wednesday named a 15-man squad for Australia A's tour to Africa in July and August. All-rounder Steve Smith will lead the side, and right-hand bat Aaron Finch has been named as his deputy. The side will play three four-day matches against Zimbabwe and South Africa A in July before the tri-series involving South Africa A and India A in ...
Australian cricketers will participate in a unique training session on the Thames river here for a promotional event. The cricket pitch will be positioned on a barge in front of the iconic Tower Bridge. Skipper Michael Clarke, Shane Watson, Chris Rogers, James Faulkner and Mitchell Starc will come together on the floating pitch for a brief session to prepare for the Ashes, which starts July ...
78.8°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the West at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 1.0 MPH
Race to Witch Mountain
Despite being a child of the 1970s, I never saw Disneys Escape to Witch Mountain (1975) and thus have no point of comparison with its new reimagining, which comes complete with action-comedy star Dwayne Johnson in the drivers seat and a slightly more dynamic nam ... ...
Olympic and World Champion Veronica Campbell-Brown has denied knowingly taking a banned substance Lasix, which also goes by the name Furosemide. Brown's first public reaction came in the form of a statement released by her On Track Management (OTM) group following reports that she has tested positive for the banned drug. The OTM statement says Brown is determined to clear her name and included ...
The Indian cricket team with a clean record in the preliminary stages of the ongoing ICC Champions Trophy in England had a strenuous session at the nets in Cardiff ahead of Thursday's semi-final clash against Sri Lanka. With this practice session yesterday, the in form Indian players are confident of facing the Sri Lankan team. The players were busy in enhancing their skills at Glamorgan County ...
FIFA president Sepp Blatter denied that the Confederations Cup and World Cup are the causes for mass protests across Brazil. Demonstrations, which began last week in response to rise in public transport fares, have turned into a nation-wide rally against bad governance and corruption, reports Xinhua. Many marchers expressed their anger at the billions of dollars spent on new football stadiums ...
Protestors have reportedly hacked the official website for the Brazil Football World Cup 2014 and replaced the site with a video of a violent police response to a peaceful protest. According to News.com.au, the FIFA website was replaced with an embedded YouTube video, showing protesters marching, before riot police release tear gas and fire on the protesters with rubber bullets. The report ...
Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore has said that national team will be reviewed keeping in mind the 2015 World Cup after their dismal performance in the ICC Champions Trophy in England. Poor batting led to Pakistan's defeat in all three matches as they failed to post a single total above 170 runs, with the flop performance prompting calls from former players, media and fans to overhaul the system and ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
First impressions are so important for a hotel guest's stay. Ironically when one thing goes wrong early on inevitably a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Top Stocks Of John Paulsons Recovery Fund Up 27
- Hot Clothing Retailer Ralph Lauren Not Hot Enough
- Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling Jayasuriya
- Ozzy Osbourne and Sharonliving living together again
- Helen Mirren new face of Marksamp Spencer
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- Lifestyle Maji marefus futile effort to find stolen property
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Obama proposes further US Russian nuclear arms cut
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Obama refuses to specify US support for Syrian rebels
- Google Perches Above $900 Netflix Back To Almost 80 Of 2001 Peak
- Im Sorry But My Long-Term Goals Will Just Have To Wait
- Three Picks For Bond Sellers
- Ish Kabibble Meets Goldilocks In Just-Right Market
- Apple TV adds HBO Go and WatchESPN
- Farewell to hotel room service
- What was Seattle mayor candidate Peter Steinbreuck thinking
- Immigration Reform in the Senate and beyond
- Nicklesville draws attention as City Council fights homelessness
- Charles B. Rangel Obamas Syria plan has many dangers
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn
- Tour The Latest Supply Freighter To The ISS | Video
- Chinese astronaut seeks to boost interest in science with space lecture
- Bleak outlook for warming world
- Morpheus Aborts Then Recovers For a Second Go In Tether Test
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Tractor trailer overturns on I-285
- Police confiscate 188 pounds of marijuana from grow house
- Henry Co. police looking for armed robbery suspect
- Paula Deen museum coming to Albany
- DeKalb CEO Burrell Ellis bonds out after indictment