Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt and director of Google Ideas Jared Cohen have warned London School of Economics students against censorship on the internet and the dangers that 'digital ethnic cleansing' pose. Sky News quoted Schmidt, as saying that people will omit data if they want to restrict communication and information. He, however, agreed that any piece of information cannot be ...
Narendra Modi said UPA's glass is filled with corruption. "In the last nine years (five years of UPA-I and four of UPA-II), the (UPA's) glass has been full with corruption. There is no space for trust or belief. Unfortunately, even the common man has to take something from the glass filled with corruption," he said after the launch of Gujarat edition of Business Line here. He ...
cloud computing business, was leaving. SAP said Dalgaard was stepping down from the management board and leaving the company effective June 1 but that he would continue to act as an advisor to its cloud business. Dalgaard joined the company in late 2011 when SAP bought Web-based software company SuccessFactors. The acquisition was seen as a catalyst for the German technology giant to try to ...
AAPL ) new series of TV ads is headed. With Samsung nipping at its heels in the U.S. -- and leaving it in the dust in overseas markets -- Apple is capitalizing on studies that show that despite diminishing market share, more people use iPhones to do the myriad things a well-designed, user-friendly smartphone with good bandwidth, decent battery life, a curated app store and a well-stocked media ...
iBooks on the iPad. FORTUNE -- This does not bode well for Cupertino. Asked during a preliminary hearing Thursday to share her thoughts about the Department of Justice's case against Apple ...
Winds: From the East at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 7.0 MPH
The Ladykillers (1955) [DVD]
Because England is a country well known for its cultural refinement, black comedy has always been a natural fit there because it can play off those proper manners in absurdly comic ways. Take, for instance, Alexander Mackendricks The Ladykillers, a wonderfully macabre comedy about a gang of professional criminals who meet their demise because their plan is inadvertently foiled by a little ... ...
has ruled that Microsoft's Xbox 360 games console doesn't infringe Motorola's patents and won't be blocked from entering the US. Of course, we're not talking about the Xbox One here, as the ruling made on Thursday ends a case filed by Motorola Mobility in November 2010. The Google subsidiary alleged that Microsoft owes it around $4bn a year for use of the 802.11 ...
ARM's Cortex A50 series is arguably the firm's most important design to date, as it uses the ARMv8 architecture that has 64-bit support. The firm announced that LG will be the lead partner for the A50 series of chips that includes the Cortex A57 and its next generation Mali GPUs. According to ARM its agreement with LG will mean the Korean electronics giant will be able to offer a ...
(Credit: Apple) Apple's senior vice president of Industrial Design, and new design chief of iOS, Jonathan Ive, has one idea in mind for the mobile operating system: out with the old and in with the new. According to 9to5Mac, ...
Q. Where did the iTunes Store Download link go in iTunes 11? It used to be on the left side of the screen and I could click it to see or pause multiple files downloading at once, but it's gone ...
MUMBAI: Indian search engine Just Dial's initial public offer to raise $174 million was oversubscribed nearly 12 times in what marked the country's biggest IPO this year, stock exchange data showed on Thursday. The figures were released after the share offer, one of the largest to date by an Indian internet firm, closed on Wednesday. The Mumbai-based firm, which launched in the ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hotel Sofitel, New York City
This at the time of my stay was one of the newest hotels in New York, and merited a review ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Review Better Jump Through The Jungle
- Spinning RECORD Battle Over Rosiglitazone Heats Up Two Weeks Before Crucial FDA Meeting
- An Entrepreneurs Handbook To Slaying Goliath
- Seven Ways To Instill A Superhero Code Of Conduct Into The Next Generation Of Entrepreneurs
- The Many Faces of Dungeons and Dragons
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Russia to build new parliament compound
- Obesity in children linked to parents marital status
- Collective switching can councils help those living in fuel poverty
- Japan PM’s Residence ‘Not Haunted’ – Government
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Lincolns life-saving note put up for 15000 dollars
- Tongue-Tied Fed Makes For Tough Decisions
- News Corp. Board Approves Billionaire Murdochs Split Plan $500M Stock Buyback
- Rimrock Ranch Where cowboys still king
- US STOCKS-Wall Street set to open lower as Fed assessed
- Another downer day on Wall Street
- Foreign policy impotence gripping U.S.
- What do you want to hear from the Seattle Mayor candidates
- Legislature considers tougher DUI laws
- Graham Greenie flies into Senate race
- Newspaper unfair to Minneapolis police
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Census Data Alpharetta is 6th fastest growing city in US
- National Association of Real Estate Editors Atlanta Conference to Deliver News …
- Missing Sumter Co. woman found safe
- Matties Call for missing Sumter Co. Woman
- Ga. troopers increasing holiday weekend patrols