WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court has upheld a decision by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to finance the sale of 30 Boeing wide-body jets to Indian state-owned carrier Air India in a legal challenge brought by Delta Air Lines to the loan guarantee. The court has however directed the government-run bank to better explain its rationale for providing loan guarantee, which Delta claimed as a ...
LONDON - Internet giant Google said it is spending $5 million to wipe images of child abuse off the Internet and another $2 million to create tools to find the images and eradicate them. "We're in the business of making information widely available, but there's certain 'information' that should never be created or found," wrote Jacqueline Fuller, director of Google Giving, in a blog post. ...
DURBAN / LONDON - South Africa's biggest generic drug maker Aspen Pharmacare and its subsidiary Aspen Global Incorporated have made an offer to acquire thrombosis drugs and their associated manufacturing site at Notre Dame de Bondeville, France, from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). "AGI will acquire from GSK the Arixtra and Fraxiparine/Fraxodi brands and business worldwide, except in China, Pakistan ...
BEIJING - China, the world's biggest carbon emitter, is set to launch Tuesday its first carbon trading scheme as a pilot project in the southern city of Shenzhen as part of efforts to cut emissions in its key cities. Carbon emissions trading schemes are meant to encourage companies to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions by setting a limit or a cap, on the level of emission that can be ...
LONDON - The consumer price index (CPI) inflation increased to 2.7% in May, up from 2.4% in April, mainly due to higher fuel costs pushing up transportation costs particularly airfares, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said Tuesday. The ONS said the rise was due to a record increase in airfares and higher fuel prices. "The inflation rate has returned to the levels seen between ...
73.7°F Mostly Cloudy
Race to Witch Mountain
Despite being a child of the 1970s, I never saw Disneys Escape to Witch Mountain (1975) and thus have no point of comparison with its new reimagining, which comes complete with action-comedy star Dwayne Johnson in the drivers seat and a slightly more dynamic nam ... ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
+1.09% reported its fourth-quarter profit fell to $303 million, or 95 cents a share, from $550 million, or $1.73 a share, a year earlier. Earnings adjusted for business realignment and an aircraft impairment charge were $679 million, or $2.13 a share, compared with $634 million, or $1.99 a share in 2013. Revenue rose to $11.4 billion, from $11 billion a year earlier, the shipping company said ...
G8 leaders and EU delegates at the summit in Lough Erne, Northern Ireland, which has produced a communique on tax evasion. Photograph: Matt Cardy/Getty ...
Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity to discuss the enduring appeal of the ad's concept on the 30th anniversary of the product's launch. Matthew Charlton of BETC London who produced the ad, says the video is already a social media ...
Lord Green , who has served as a minister since early 2011 and is approaching retirement.The son of a Glasgow GP, Livingston's talent was spotted early by the Dixons chairman Sir Stanley Kalms, who made Livingston the youngest FTSE 100 finance director at the age of 32. He joined BT in the same role, before becoming chief executive in June 2008 at the age of 43.Having transformed the former ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
First impressions are so important for a hotel guest's stay. Ironically when one thing goes wrong early on inevitably a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- FedEx 4Q profit drops as economic growth is weak
- Texas Prison Cools Armory Not Living Space Lawsuit Alleges 13 Heatstroke Deaths Due To Lack Of Air Conditioning
- Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling Jayasuriya
- Helen Mirren new face of Marksamp Spencer
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- Pets prove to be recession-proof
- Pet Vet Dealing with allergies
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Afghans break off talks with US on security deal
- Obama to propose further U.S. Russain nuclear arms cut
- Afghanistan calls off talks with U.S. on security agreement
- Sony spin-off plan off the agenda but on the radar at shareholder meeting
- TripAdvisor acquires mobile app GateGuru
- China may resume IPO approvals in July
- Slovenian growth outlook darkens ahead of privatisation vote
- Earnings Watch Updates advisories and surprises
- Graham Illegals net Americans’ jobs with amnesty
- Tick Tock Make The Serve Pitch Putt Or Shot
- James Clapper’s ‘least untruthful’ answer
- Heartfelt thank you from Chanse’s family
- Tough job facing Colorados new prison chief
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Paula Deen museum coming to Albany
- DeKalb CEO Burrell Ellis bonds out after indictment
- Miss. woman pleads not guilty in butt injection death
- 4 year old hopes for new kidney -- from his dad
- Atlanta chef joins food fad by creating doughssants