Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore has said that national team will be reviewed keeping in mind the 2015 World Cup after their dismal performance in the ICC Champions Trophy in England. Poor batting led to Pakistan's defeat in all three matches as they failed to post a single total above 170 runs, with the flop performance prompting calls from former players, media and fans to overhaul the system and ...
Cricket Australia (CA) will reportedly be sending certain players from the defeated ICC Champions Trophy squad to join Australia A to maximise preparation time for the Ashes. Following a disappointing pool-round exit from the Champions Trophy, Australia will use the extra time before the opening tour match to give some players time with the A team, who completed a 93-run first-class win over ...
American tennis star Serena Williams has sparked outrage with her comments about a teenage rape victim, saying that the victim was 'drunk' and 'maybe...not a virgin'. In an excerpt from Rolling Stone magazine, Williams criticised a 16-year-old girl who was raped by two football players, her fellow school students, while she was drunk, in Ohio in August 2012, News.com.au reports. According to ...
Former India fast bowler Javagal Srinath was Tuesday appointed the match referee for the first Champions Trophy semifinal between England and South Africa at the Oval on Wednesday. Kumar Dharmasena and Rod Tucker are the on-field umpires while Bruce Oxenford and Steve Davis have been appointed as third and fourth umpires, International Cricket COuncil (ICC) said. Englishman Chris Broad has ...
The president of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Dave Cameron has described a series of meetings he has been having with Caribbean prime ministers as "crucial" to the development of the sport in the region. Cameron's comments follow his latest round of meetings in which talks were held with St. Vincent and the Grenadines Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves in Kingstown and Prime Minister of ...
71.1°F Mostly Cloudy
Edward Zwicks Glory is one of the great war films and perhaps the greatest film ever made about the American Civil War. While there are dozens of films stretching back to the silent era that are either about the Civil War or use the war as a historical backdrop, Glory was the first to ... ...
Actor Vindu Dara Singh, arrested for betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and now on bail, says betting in the game should be made legal. "Cricket is like a religion in India. IPL will be conducted and betting will take place as well," said Vindu Monday on the sets of his film "Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya" here. Vindu, who got bail June 4, feels the government should legalise betting ...
Left-handed batsman Phil Hughes and wicket-keeper Matthew Wade will join the Australia A squad here Tuesday ahead of their final tour match against Gloucestershire beginning Friday. Skipper Michael Clarke, James Faulkner, Mitchell Starc, David Warner, Shane Watson and Chris Rogers will remain in London to prepare before the Ashes squad officially assembles June 24. Australia were knocked out ...
Indian tennis pair Purav Raja and Divij Sharan advanced to the men's doubles second round of the Wimbledon qualifiers here by winning their match in straight sets. The qualifying fourth seeds Monday defeated Italian-American pairing Flavio Cipolla and Wayne Odesnik 6-4, 6-2 on the lone grass court major. In the second and final qualification round, they will face Austro-Czech duo Andreas ...
Veteran Belgian tennis player Dick Norman called time on his 22-year professional career after a first-round doubles loss alongside compatriot David Goffin, 20 years his junior, at the Topshelf Open here. "I had around 60 people here today including my wife, my parents and my two daughters. It's nice to retire here and we'll have some beers later this evening on site at the Corona bar," Norman ...
Bermudian long jumper Tyrone Smith has qualified for the World Athletics Championships in Moscow, leaping to a season's best 8.13 metres at a meet in Poland. Smith's jump saw him finish second at the 59th Janusz Kusocinski Memorial Meet in Szczecin, reports CMC. Smith, 28, a two-time Olympian, recently won at a meet in France, and placed fourth in the Czech Republic. He tweeted: "Just ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Atlanta LeaderAtlanta Leader – Local Atlanta News & Georgia Headlines
The Atlanta Leader is essentially a local Atlanta newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Atlanta, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Atlanta Leader.
Rihanna stunned her followers on Instagram by uploading a sultry topless image of herself, while getting her hair done for the Atlanta concert.
The 25-year-old pop star, who chilled out by the pool in Miami a day before the show, could be seen wearing nothing but a pair of yellow underwear, the New York Daily News reported.
The 'Diamond' singer held up a towel that barely covered her modesty, showing off some serious tan lines.
"Show time!! DWT," she captioned the photo. (ANI)
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Baffled Liverpool to tell Suarez to stop Madrid pronouncements and make transfer request
- A guide to the Federal Reserves events Wednesday
- J.J. Zhangs Winner Take All The downsides to indexed investing
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- Gene mutations linked to severe obesity
- 75-year-old woman stabbed to death in senior living community www.privateofficer.com
- NSW kitchen fires spark warning
- Plan for loft apartments receives approval
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Serena Williams sparks outrage with drunk not virgin comments on US teenage rape victim
- US Names New Envoy to Africas Great Lakes
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Fed seen keeping options open on pace of bond buying
- The European currencies and yen are consolidating
- Rhode Island on track to make payment on 38 Studios bonds
- Inglorious debut for split News
- Health disasters can derail a business
- Teen cyclist’s death in charity ride
- Surveillance history belies trust us Our view
- Rep. Mike Rogers NSA keeps America safe
- Guest Boeing’s exodus from Washington state
- Taxis and ride-sharing companies compete for customers in Seattle
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Atlanta Leader headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Atlanta officers in punching video lose certification www.privateofficer.com
- Four-year-old hopes for new kidney -- from his dad
- Store clerk fends off armed robber with flashlight
- Judge could gut APS criminal case
- DeKalb CEO Burrell Ellis bonds out following 15 criminal charges